Last weekend was the deer hunt. So, my husband and my dad went. Not wanting to be alone I decided to stay with my mom. We started talking about the skit we did for the first year I was at girls camp. My mom was a leader at the time so she got to experience my first year. Our skit was about orphan Annie. I, like everyone else, was an orphan. We had a great big bag of costume stuff and I pulled out this curly blond wig and wore it. It was silly looking to say the least.
Well, our conversation got me thinking about all my favorite memories of girls camp. That first year we (me and my friends) started singing "We are the Champions" by Queen. Being a beehive you get picked on a little and but, we thought we were cool (Champs!).
Our second year at girls camp we did "Barney" for our skit. Melissa was "Barney" and Kristina, Marissa, and I were the "kids". We practiced and practiced our parts and had a great time.
(Me, Melissa, Marissa, and part of Kristina)
Every year we went to girls camp it rained on our hike! We were all good troopers. One year it had rained so bad that we had to cram into a cabin. Melissa got really upset that her scriptures were getting wet and I was loving all the rain. I had to share a bunk with Amber. I remember laughing with her. She told me that she had a dream that night that she was running through the rain and when she woke up she had been drooling.
One year we went to a camp that had ticks. One of our leaders got a tick in her butt and the nurse had to get it out. Ticks creep me out still to this day.
I love girls camp and I miss it! I was so lucky to have had some of my closest friends in my ward! I know that if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be the person I am today! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
(Kristina, Nicole, Marissa, Me, and Amber)
2 comments:
Ahh, girl's camp!! I totally miss those days too. I miss when life was simpler and all we had to worry about was remembering our lines for the Barney skit ;o) Thanks for posting that. It was a good stroll down memory lane
Oh my gosh! Those pictures are hilarious! I loved girls camp! I remember when we had to camp out on our hike and everyone slept under a blue tarp because it was raining so bad! Me and Nikki snuck into her dad's tent so we were dry hee hee hee!
I remember those skits too! Oh the good ol days.
Post a Comment